Karin is a proud, born and raised Chicagoan. Knowing she wanted to pursue a career in the creative arts she majored in Graphic Design and got her BFA at Columbia College Chicago. After the birth of her daughter Evangeline (Evie) she started EV Photography as a family photographer. All it took was a friend to ask her to take photos at a wedding as a second shooter for her to fall in love with the wedding industry and never looked back. Karin decided to shoot wedding and engagements exclusively and full time.
"My most special relationship is my husband, Greg. He was there at a point in my life when I was at my lowest helping me pick up the pieces and sacrificing so much for me and my kids. We were married on April 7, 2019 in St. Pete Florida. He is my best friend, awesome step-dad, and biggest supporter. I love doing life with him and our little family. "
When I'm not working at EVP I'm working my second job..being a Momma to Evie (5) and Liam (3). Going on walks, bike rides, playing at parks, swimming, and dance parties with my littles are my favorite. I also LOVE to cook! Tacos Tuesdays are our jam!
- Favorite Drink: Palomas or anything with Tequila. White or Red Cabs. Big LaCroix and Starbucks fan.
- Favorite Snack : Salted Pumpkin seeds or Popcorn to substitute for unhealthy potato chips or french fries (which is what I really want.)
- Favorite TV Show: The Office. I think I’ve watched the whole series from start to finish at least 6 times.
- Whats your favorite genre of music: Big Band/Jazz love a good Jazz Club!
- One word that describes you: Problem-Solver. I’m good at making things happen even if I don't know how it’s going to happen.
- Favorite City: Chicago or St. Pete. I love my city and all the cool neighborhoods. But I love St. Pete because it’s where I fell in love with my husband and where we got married. It’s such a fun cultured beach town.
- Favorite Chicago location: Wrigleyville. GO CUBS! I love hanging out near the ballpark on game day. Cold drinks, good Chicago food, friends, baseball….mmmm HEAVEN.
"I love being a wedding photographer because of all the unique love stories I get to witness and be apart of. I love the new relationships I form with our couples and it's truly an honor to serve them. The wedding industry in general is fun because of all the unique, celebratory, and beautiful elements."