Karin is a proud, born and raised Chicagoan. Knowing she wanted to pursue a career in the creative arts she majored in Graphic Design and got her BFA at Columbia College Chicago. After the birth of her daughter Evangeline (Evie) she started EV Photography as a family photographer. All it took was a friend to ask her to take photos at a wedding as a second shooter for her to fall in love with the wedding industry. Now Karin shoots weddings and engagements exclusively.
"My most special relationship is my husband, Greg. He was there at a point in my life when I was at my lowest helping me pick up the pieces and sacrificing so much for me and my kids. We were married on April 7, 2019 in St. Pete Florida. He is my best friend, awesome step-dad, and biggest supporter. I love doing life with him and our little family. "
When I'm not working at EVP you'll usually find me at my second job..being a Momma to Evie (6) and Liam (4). When Im able you can also find me at the gym doing laps at the pool to unwind and exercise. I also love to cook, especially for my family. I'm always trying out new clean and healthy recipes.
- Favorite Drink: Palomas or anything with Tequila. Big LaCroix and Starbucks fan.
- Favorite Snack : Salted Pumpkin seeds or Popcorn to substitute for unhealthy potato chips or french fries (which is what I really want.)
- Favorite TV Show: I alternate between The Office and Friends.
- Whats your favorite genre of music: Big Band/Jazz... love a good Jazz Club!
- One word that describes you: Problem-Solver. I’m good at making things happen even if I don't know how it’s going to happen.
- Favorite City: St. Pete Florida. its such a fun and cultured beach town that became special to my husband and I when we were dating. We ended up getting married there and will continue to visit as long as we can.
- Favorite Chicago location: Wrigleyville. GO CUBS! I love hanging out near the ballpark on game day. Cold drinks, good Chicago food, friends, baseball….mmmm HEAVEN.
"I love being a wedding photographer because of all the unique love stories I get to witness and be apart of. I love the new relationships I form with our couples and it's truly an honor to serve them. The wedding industry in general is fun because of all the unique, celebratory, and beautiful elements."